Etisalat launches iPhone 5 pre-order offer
Abu Dhabi, December 9, 2012
UAE-based telecom company Etisalat has announced that Apple’s latest iPhone 5 is available for pre-order through its website, starting today.
Etisalat offers value-packed prepaid and postpaid package options on all three new iPhone 5 devices – 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
Khaled ElKhouly, chief marketing officer at Etisalat, confirmed availability of the iPhone 5 in the UAE from December 13 onwards. “The new iPhone 5 has been much-awaited across the region and we understand the enthusiasm of our customers to own a piece of the action. We assure customers that the features of the iPhone 5 device, combined with Etisalat’s wide 3G network in the UAE, will provide an exceptional user experience.”
For both pre-paid and post-paid customers, the new iPhone 5 is priced at Dh2,749 for 16GB, Dh3,149 for 32GB and Dh3,549 for 64GB devices.
Etisalat’s customers buying the new iPhone 5 will enjoy an enhanced mobile data experience offered on the nation’s widest 3G HSPA+ network, a statement from the company said.
The network covers more than 99 per cent of the country’s populated areas and supports Internet speeds of up to 42Mbps. It allows customers to enjoy speed-demanding apps such as video-streaming, networked gaming, and browsing.
The new iPhone has a larger display, a faster chip, ultrafast wireless technology and an 8MP iSight camera that shoots 1080p HD video. It also sports a 4-inch Retina display.
The all-new Apple-designed A6 chip in iPhone 5 is powerful with an outstanding battery life. It’s CPU and graphic performance is twice as fast as the A5 chip. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas