Batelco to sponsor Al Ayam Book Fair
Manama, December 6, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has announced its sponsorship for Al Ayam’s 19th Book Fair (Cultural Festival), as part of its commitment to culture and education.
Held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister HE Shaikh Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, the nine-day event is set to take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre from December 26 to January 3, 2013.
Several local and international publishers are scheduled to participate to display and sell a wide range of books in Arabic and English, a statement from the company said.
Hussain Ismail, Batelco’s public relations specialist presented the sponsorship cheque to Al Ayam Manager, for admin & finance Ali Ahmadi during a recent meeting at the telecom company’s Hamala headquarters.
Ahmed Al Janahi, Batelco Group’s general manager for media relations, said: “This event has been taking place successfully for years and attracts large crowds to view the fantastic range of books on display. The fair provides a great opportunity to pick up, new titles as well as gifts for family and friends.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying