Batelco wins business service award
Manama, December 5, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company Batelco was presented with the 'Best Business Service' award for the Mena region at the annual CommsMEA Awards held in Dubai.
The CommsMEA Awards aim to celebrate and pay tribute to the telecoms industry professionals and operators who have shown outstanding performance and results in key market segments.
The prestigious 'Best Business Service' award recognises the operator that has provided unmatched services for its customers throughout 2012.
Batelco chief executive (Bahrain) Rashid Abdulla who attended the event to collect the award said the telco was delighted to be recognised for its efforts in delivering up- to-date services for its customers.
Its investment in services during 2012 included major enhancements to its communications solutions that delivered world class voice, data and SMS packages for its customers.
“We are delighted to have achieved this accolade in winning this year’s Best Business Service award,” he stated.
Batelco was shortlisted in five different categories including customer services, marketing campaigns, innovative services and CSR campaigns, thanks to its ongoing efforts to deliver the best quality products and services.
The awards were judged by an independent panel of regional telecommunications experts and the winners were rewarded at an elaborate Gala dinner attended by senior executives and personalities from the Middle East and African telecommunications industry and other VIPs.
“Batelco continuously invests significantly in its networks and development of world class products and services to ensure that residents of the Kingdom of Bahrain have access to the latest communications tools,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network