Menatelecom to roll out 4G LTE in Bahrain
Manama, December 5, 2012
Menatelecom, a top telecom operator in Bahrain, has announced that its Board of Directors have approved the investment into the cutting-edge 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network to be deployed in the kingdom.
LTE is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals. This latest technological breakthrough in the world of high-speed mobile communications, promising speeds in excess of 80 Mb, a company statement said.
Menatelecom’s chairman Abdul Razak Jawahery said: “Menatelecom is the first company in the world to launch a nationwide WiMax 802.16e end-to-end network and now we will be the first company in the world to launch a nationwide 4G LTE network.”
“Menatelecom will shortly announce the chosen vendor for LTE deployment,” he added.
With the deployment of 4G LTE, Menatelecom will be able to provide both consumers and enterprise customers the fastest mobile broadband speeds ever experienced in Bahrain, the statement said.
Customers will not only benefit from a much faster response time for downloading and uploading content, but also enjoy superior voice services across the kingdom, it added.
Menatelecom Residential & Enterprise customers will experience a whole new standard of speed and quality leading to far more efficiency and productivity, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders