Menatelecom to roll out 4G LTE in Bahrain
Manama, December 5, 2012
Menatelecom, a top telecom operator in Bahrain, has announced that its Board of Directors have approved the investment into the cutting-edge 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network to be deployed in the kingdom.
LTE is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals. This latest technological breakthrough in the world of high-speed mobile communications, promising speeds in excess of 80 Mb, a company statement said.
Menatelecom’s chairman Abdul Razak Jawahery said: “Menatelecom is the first company in the world to launch a nationwide WiMax 802.16e end-to-end network and now we will be the first company in the world to launch a nationwide 4G LTE network.”
“Menatelecom will shortly announce the chosen vendor for LTE deployment,” he added.
With the deployment of 4G LTE, Menatelecom will be able to provide both consumers and enterprise customers the fastest mobile broadband speeds ever experienced in Bahrain, the statement said.
Customers will not only benefit from a much faster response time for downloading and uploading content, but also enjoy superior voice services across the kingdom, it added.
Menatelecom Residential & Enterprise customers will experience a whole new standard of speed and quality leading to far more efficiency and productivity, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m