Menatelecom to roll out 4G LTE in Bahrain
Manama, December 5, 2012
Menatelecom, a top telecom operator in Bahrain, has announced that its Board of Directors have approved the investment into the cutting-edge 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network to be deployed in the kingdom.
LTE is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals. This latest technological breakthrough in the world of high-speed mobile communications, promising speeds in excess of 80 Mb, a company statement said.
Menatelecom’s chairman Abdul Razak Jawahery said: “Menatelecom is the first company in the world to launch a nationwide WiMax 802.16e end-to-end network and now we will be the first company in the world to launch a nationwide 4G LTE network.”
“Menatelecom will shortly announce the chosen vendor for LTE deployment,” he added.
With the deployment of 4G LTE, Menatelecom will be able to provide both consumers and enterprise customers the fastest mobile broadband speeds ever experienced in Bahrain, the statement said.
Customers will not only benefit from a much faster response time for downloading and uploading content, but also enjoy superior voice services across the kingdom, it added.
Menatelecom Residential & Enterprise customers will experience a whole new standard of speed and quality leading to far more efficiency and productivity, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal