Batelco bases video on Oregan technology
Manama, December 3, 2012
UK-based Oregan Networks, a leading IPTV software and systems specialist, announced that Batelco, a top telecom operator and ISP in Bahrain, has based its broadband video service on Set Top Boxes, using Oregan’s technology.
Through the BlackBox video service, Batelco offers the full spectrum of benefits of its advanced fibre optic backbone infrastructure, which now includes delivery of high quality premium video content, a company statement said.
Oregan’s software inside the BlackBox devices enables advanced IPTV and web features, including streaming of full HD on-demand and linear video, catch-up TV, interactive programming guide, time shifting and personal video recording and keyword-based searches.
“The Batelco IPTV deployment is an ambitious initiative that drives the evolution of the telecoms business in Bahrain and catalyses faster broadband adoption – by giving subscribers a simple reason to sign up,” said Milya Timergaleyeva, Oregan’s VP Market Strategy.
“Oregan are proud to be the technology of choice that defines the IPTV user experience and, as such, is part of Batelco’s diversification and customer acquisition efforts.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft