Batelco bases video on Oregan technology
Manama, December 3, 2012
UK-based Oregan Networks, a leading IPTV software and systems specialist, announced that Batelco, a top telecom operator and ISP in Bahrain, has based its broadband video service on Set Top Boxes, using Oregan’s technology.
Through the BlackBox video service, Batelco offers the full spectrum of benefits of its advanced fibre optic backbone infrastructure, which now includes delivery of high quality premium video content, a company statement said.
Oregan’s software inside the BlackBox devices enables advanced IPTV and web features, including streaming of full HD on-demand and linear video, catch-up TV, interactive programming guide, time shifting and personal video recording and keyword-based searches.
“The Batelco IPTV deployment is an ambitious initiative that drives the evolution of the telecoms business in Bahrain and catalyses faster broadband adoption – by giving subscribers a simple reason to sign up,” said Milya Timergaleyeva, Oregan’s VP Market Strategy.
“Oregan are proud to be the technology of choice that defines the IPTV user experience and, as such, is part of Batelco’s diversification and customer acquisition efforts.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security