Roamly finds solution for high roaming costs
Toronto, December 2, 2012
Canada-based telecommunications company, Roamly Mobile Solutions, has announced that it has found a solution for its high mobile phone roaming charges incurred by business travellers, reducing it up to 80 per cent.
Frequent travelers can reduce voice, SMS and data roaming charges by attaching the patented paper-thin Roamly Overlay SIM to their existing SIM card and re-inserting the combined SIMs into their existing mobile phone, a statement from the company said.
They can travel to over 200 countries and experience the same wireless coverage and quality of service they are used to using the Roamly mobile carrier partner network, while saving on every trip.
Added benefits include global voicemail and live chat customer support worldwide. In addition, Roamly is a pay-as-you-go service without any surprise bills or contracts. Users can load their account for use during their trip and any remaining balance may be used on the next trip.
“The Roamly SIM is a practical and convenient solution to a business-limiting problem. When traveling, people are inhibited in using their mobile or using data, as it simply costs too much,” said Dave Dobbin, CEO, Roamly Mobile Solutions. “You get the best of both worlds with Roamly. Use your home operator services at home, use Roamly when abroad and save up to 80 per cent on voice, SMS and data. You keep your home operator, your number, your device and contacts, and remain contactable for business, friends and family.”
The Roamly Overlay SIM once attached, activated and topped-up, stays dormant while in the user’s home country. Roamly automatically detects when users are abroad and connects them to its partner network to provide savings of up to 80 per cent for voice, SMS and data.
“It is an easy set-up for the user and the savings are substantial,” said Jim Bruce, president, Gemini International, a Roamly distributor. “The Roamly Overlay SIM is an extremely attractive offering for enterprises with many corporate travelers and small business owners who travel regularly.”
Roamly is currently available to purchase online for customers whose home country is one of 40+ countries including Argentina, Australia, Canada, France, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Mexico, Panama, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, and USA for savings on roaming in over 200 destination countries around the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum