Fortinet releases new firewall web app
Dubai, November 29, 2012
Fortinet, a world leader in high-performance network security, has announced that the virtual machine version of its FortiWeb web application firewall is now available on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
“FortiWeb-VM provides AWS customers the best of both worlds,” said Chris Rodriguez, senior network security industry analyst with Frost and Sullivan. “The tremendous flexibility and stability of AWS, combined with Fortinet’s advanced security capabilities, is a winning combination for customers migrating strategic web applications to the cloud.”
With FortiWeb-VM, customers can deploy virtual web application firewalls running on AWS in conjunction with other FortiGate security technologies running on their own internal network, all from a single, centralised management platform. This allows them to easily extend the power and flexibility of Fortinet security technologies to the AWS Cloud.
FortiWeb-VM provides multiple protection layers against threats that target web applications, including application signatures, HTTP RFC compliance, auto-learn-based violations and data leak prevention, a statement from the company said.
In addition, FortiWeb-VM automatically and dynamically profiles user activity to create a baseline of permissible activity. Its real-time data analysis capabilities provide an analytics interface that helps organisations understand their web application usage and maps requests to their geographic location.
Unique to FortiWeb-VM is an integrated vulnerability scanner that provides detailed analyses of existing application vulnerabilities that complement its application firewall capabilities and is especially useful for PCI DSS compliance.
“Security is paramount at AWS and we work hard to ensure our partner ecosystem includes the strongest players in enterprise security,” said Terry Wise, head of worldwide partner ecosystem, Amazon Web Services. “In the cloud, security is a shared responsibility and therefore our customers look to deploy the same best of breed security solutions that they utilise on premise. We are excited to see Fortinet bring FortiWeb-VM to AWS.”
“Leveraging the AWS platform to provide tools to help AWS customers protect their strategic web applications is a key milestone in expanding Fortinet’s rich portfolio of cloud computing solutions,” said Patrick Bedwell, vice president of product marketing for Fortinet. “AWS is a global presence, and we are looking forward to supporting AWS customers around the world with our innovative FortiWeb-VM security solution.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network