Mobily launches region-first LTE data roaming
Riyadh, November 24, 2012
Etihad Etisalat “Mobily”, the leading telecom provider in Saudi Arabia, has launched the first LTE data roaming enabling its customers to use the fastest data speed based on LTE during their travel outside the country.
Mobily’s CEO Khalid Bin Omar Al Kaf said: “Achieving the first LTE data roaming is another milestone for the Saudi telecommunication and IT sector in general and Mobily in particular.”
“Few months ago, we have signed roaming agreement with Hong Kong’s CSL before we conducted several technical tests, the interconnection between Mobily and CSL came through Telstra company in Australia” Al Kaf added.
LTE data roaming will let Mobily customers to enjoy the best quality and speed of data while roaming on other operators.
Mobily said that it will leverage on its strong partnership with the other carriers to make the LTE data roaming available for Mobily customers wherever they travel. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio