Social media boost for VIVA Bahrain
Manama, November 23, 2012
VIVA Bahrain, the kingdom's innovative telecom provider, has been ranked second among Bahrain's top brands on Facebook leadership by Socialbakers, a global social media and digital analytics company.
VIVA recorded a 700 per cent increase in the number of Facebook likes over a period of two years, reaching an outstanding 44,340 followers.
Building on the success of its social media leadership and in line with its vision to enrich customers' lives, VIVA has also integrated a VIVA Bahrain Support twitter account, to enhance its customer service and provide assistance to customers 24/7.
VIVA has a wide presence in social and digital platforms through accounts established in the most popular social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Google + and more.
The company's efforts in elevating the way it communicates with its customers have proven to be successful, evident through the increase in the number of Twitter followers to over 11,839, from only 600 in the beginning of September 2010, and the number of Facebook likes to 44,340, from only 6,000 in September 2010.
"The recent boom in social media has proven to be crucial to the success of any company," said VIVA chief commercial officer Andrew Hanna.
"VIVA has recognised the relevance and impact of social media and has worked to expand its reach on different platforms of social networking.
'This has connected us to a wider audience, not only by creating content and launching campaigns but also by listening to feedback and input from the public, which we take into consideration to enhance our products and services," he added.
Recently, the company has launched several campaigns focusing solely on social media and networking sites. One such is the 'Are you a true Manchester United fan?' campaign, which engaged with football enthusiasts and Manchester United supporters, asking them to prove their passion for the world's biggest football club by uploading one picture on VIVA's Facebook page.
The campaign drew hundreds of entries throughout its duration, and the winner was named Manchester United's Biggest Fan in Bahrain by VIVA.
In June, VIVA also did an awareness campaign for the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S III with its 'Win a Treat with a Tweet' competition.
Three lucky VIVA followers won a brand new Samsung Galaxy S III each, just by retweeting the VIVA Bahrain account.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution