Etisalat launches network protection service
Abu Dhabi, November 21, 2012
UAE's leading telecom services operator Etisalat has launched the new Managed Secure Connect (Unified Threat Management-UTM) solutions aimed at providing businesses a fully-integrated, multi-faceted protection from network threats, through one single device.
The service includes multiple security features integrated into one device, such as anti-virus, anti-spam, web filtering and deep inspection. It is a threat management service that will be offered to small, medium as well as large enterprises under six different packages, said a senior official
Abdulla Hashim, the senior VP of ICT, Etisalat remarked, “In terms of the Managed Secure Connect (UTM) service, companies today are increasingly looking for a comprehensive security gateway to protect their network at multiple levels. Our service will provide an integrated security service to business customers and thereby help them easily manage their network security in a budget-friendly manner without the need to employ additional IT skills and resources.”
The launch of the new service adds to Etisalat’s significant investment in developing flexible and secure services, including the Managed Web Security and Managed SSL-VPN services, and comprehensive support for Etisalat customers including a state-of-the-art customer network operations centre, a collaborative IT infrastructure and superior knowledge capital manned by certified IT professionals, Hashim stated.
"Each package includes an end-to-end solution covering CPE; security license and maintenance; and support services. Customers will also benefit from multiple appliance options for small branch offices or standalone businesses including large enterprises," he added.
Due to increased security threats, organizations today are proactively looking to protect their network with more robust security solutions like UTM that offer the performance and features necessary to effectively protect them against increasingly sophisticated Internet threats, said Hashim.
The Managed Secure Connect (UTM) service will help customers reduce the complexity of handling multiple security solutions and give them a centralized management through Etisalat, the official noted.
Using multi-faceted secure services gateway appliances from Juniper, these appliances can be accessed remotely for a change in configuration, updating security patches, virus patterns, fault troubleshooting and restoration without the need to deploy manpower to the site.
The monitoring of the service will be done at Etisalat’s customer network operation center (CNOC)/Security Operation Centre (SOC), said Hashim.
Customers can therefore maximize their existing IT infrastructure and resources by focusing on core business competencies while entrusting security to Etisalat’s ICT security professionals, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network