PTC elects GBI chief to board
Honolulu, November 19, 2012
The Pacific Telecom Council (PTC) has announced the election of Ahmed Mekky, chief executive officer of Gulf Bridge International (GBI), a global private fiber optic cable company, to its Board of Governors.
The three-year term highlights the growing relevance of Middle East connectivity in the Pacific market, a statement said.
“I am honoured to have the trust of those industry leaders who elected me to the PTC Board of Governors,” said Mekky.
“I will continue to strive towards a stronger and constructive dialogue between the telecoms industry in the Middle East and the rest of the countries that are represented by the PTC. The Middle East is one of Asia’s fastest growing telecoms market, as well as a key route for communications from East to West.”
PTC is a leading organization promoting the advancement and commercial use of information and communication technologies, services, policies and knowledge to benefit its global members and countries of the Asia Pacific.
Mekky serves on the board as the first CEO of a company from the Middle East, representing GBI’s interests and presence in the Asia Pacific region. He is accompanied on the board by senior executives from the world’s leading companies.
Mekky plays an active role in the global telecoms industry. He is the co-chair of the Samena Subsea Working Group, and was recently listed amongst Global Telecoms Business’ Power 100. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet