Mobily plans 10pc bonus share issue
Dubai, November 19, 2012
Saudi Arabia's Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) will launch a 10 per cent bonus share issue, the telecom operator said in a statement to the kingdom's bourse on Monday.
Mobily, an affiliate of the United Arab Emirates' Etisalat, will give shareholders one new bonus share for every 10 held, subject to regulatory approval. This will raise the number of shares issued to 770 million from 700 million.
Each share has a nominal value of 10 riyals, meaning the company's capital will increase to 7.7 billion riyals from 7 billion riyals currently.
Saudi's No.2 operator will finance the capital increase through its retained earnings, Mobily said, adding it may distribute more bonus shares in the coming years.
Higher revenue from business and data units and rising sales of smart phones helped Mobily report a 23 percent rise in third-quarter net profit in October.
The company's shares were down 0.7 percent on the Saudi bourse. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution