Etisalat launches mobile Internet exchange
Abu Dhabi, November 19, 2012
Etisalat, the leading telecom service provider in the UAE, has launched a neutral mobile Internet exchange in its Smarthub facility.
The exchange will allow mobile operators, both from within the region and outside, to peer with each other on a neutral basis through the Smarthub IPX. The Smarthub IPX will provide opportunities for mobile content companies to service and reach out to a broader community of users from a single location.
“The amazing growth of mobile data in the region and globally is well known. The Smarthub IPX will allow mobile operators to quickly connect and exchange content specific to mobile requirements,” commented Said Ali Amiri of Etisalat.
“This evolution of the Smarthub brings tremendous value to our mobile service clients and portfolio, which includes signaling, SMS, GRX and international voice services. It is an opportunity to make the UAE the regional center for mobile Internet content, undoubtedly the fastest growth area globally.”
The neutral mobile peering exchange will attract a growing portfolio of mobile content providers and customers with faster web access. The Smart IPX will also address the growing demand for access to 4G LTE speeds on international roaming.
The Smarthub IPX will be serving customers and partners as well as Etisalat group companies in 16 countries through the Global MPLS network currently in place.
Etisalat’s Smarthub is the region’s largest IP exchange and access point, supporting regional ISP’s and global content providers. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m