Qtel eyes $1bn syndicated loan
London, November 16, 2012
State-owned operator Qatar Telecom (Qtel) has sent out requests for proposals to banks for a syndicated loan of up to $1 billion, bankers said.
The loan will be used for general corporate purposes, including refinancing, the bankers said yesterday.
The request is for a financing with three, four and five years maturities and includes conventional and Islamic Murabaha financing options, the bankers said.
Qtel last tapped the loan market in May 2010 for a $2bn syndicated loan via arranging banks BNP Paribas, DBS, Qatar National Bank, Societe Generale and Royal Bank of Scotland.
That loan was split between a $1.25bn, three-year facility and a $750 million, five-year facility.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying