Ericsson names new NE Africa president
Dubai, November 13, 2012
Ericsson, the global telecom company, has announced the appointment of Isil Yalcin as president for the North East Africa Unit, part of the Ericsson Middle East Region.
In her new role, Yalcin will be responsible for handling the company’s customer relations, further developing the skill level of employees and focusing on business growth.
Based in Ericsson’s Egypt office, Yalcin will oversee the telecom giant’s operations in Egypt, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, North Sudan, South Sudan and Eritrea.
Anders Lindblad, president of Ericsson Middle East Region, said: “Isil has been with Ericsson for over 16 years now and with her solid track record and expertise, we are confident that she will continue adding value to both the company and our customers.”
A Turkish national, Yalcin started her professional career by joining Ericsson in Turkey in 1996. During her tenure, Yalcin held several roles serving multiple business units which specialize in networks and operations of Broadband, Radio Access (RAN), and Core.
Prior to her current role, Yalcin was the vice president and head of RAN overseeing 23 countries in the Middle East region.
“I am very excited to start this new journey and contribute to the success story of Ericsson in the region,” said Yalcin. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet
- Zain launches new premium services
- MenaITech celebrates 10th anniversary
- Kuwait Airways partners with Microsoft
- Axiom scoops retail award