Ericsson names new NE Africa president
Dubai, November 13, 2012
Ericsson, the global telecom company, has announced the appointment of Isil Yalcin as president for the North East Africa Unit, part of the Ericsson Middle East Region.
In her new role, Yalcin will be responsible for handling the company’s customer relations, further developing the skill level of employees and focusing on business growth.
Based in Ericsson’s Egypt office, Yalcin will oversee the telecom giant’s operations in Egypt, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia, North Sudan, South Sudan and Eritrea.
Anders Lindblad, president of Ericsson Middle East Region, said: “Isil has been with Ericsson for over 16 years now and with her solid track record and expertise, we are confident that she will continue adding value to both the company and our customers.”
A Turkish national, Yalcin started her professional career by joining Ericsson in Turkey in 1996. During her tenure, Yalcin held several roles serving multiple business units which specialize in networks and operations of Broadband, Radio Access (RAN), and Core.
Prior to her current role, Yalcin was the vice president and head of RAN overseeing 23 countries in the Middle East region.
“I am very excited to start this new journey and contribute to the success story of Ericsson in the region,” said Yalcin. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit