Batelco clarifies on SMS charge rumours
Manama, November 8, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has reassured its customers that there are no charges for receiving text messages from 95555.
The announcement follows a spate of rumours circulating on social media sites which state that customers are being charged 250 fils to receive text messages as part of its current SMS challenge.
Ahmed Al Janahi, Batelco Group’s general manager for media relations, said: “Batelco’s customers are not charged for receiving text messages from 95555 and that they are only charged for text messages that they send.”
Batelco’s SMS Challenge, which will run until November 18 offers daily cash prizes of $265, weekly prizes of $2,650 and at the end of the challenge period two winners who will win a BMW Z4 each and a trip to BMW World in Munich.
Customers can participate in the competition by SMSing ‘B’ to 95555. The cost for sending text messages as part of this campaign is 490 fils per SMS. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi