Batelco clarifies on SMS charge rumours
Manama, November 8, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has reassured its customers that there are no charges for receiving text messages from 95555.
The announcement follows a spate of rumours circulating on social media sites which state that customers are being charged 250 fils to receive text messages as part of its current SMS challenge.
Ahmed Al Janahi, Batelco Group’s general manager for media relations, said: “Batelco’s customers are not charged for receiving text messages from 95555 and that they are only charged for text messages that they send.”
Batelco’s SMS Challenge, which will run until November 18 offers daily cash prizes of $265, weekly prizes of $2,650 and at the end of the challenge period two winners who will win a BMW Z4 each and a trip to BMW World in Munich.
Customers can participate in the competition by SMSing ‘B’ to 95555. The cost for sending text messages as part of this campaign is 490 fils per SMS. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi