Etisalat, PCCS offer cloud service to enterprise
Dubai, November 8, 2012
Etisalat, the leading telecom operator in the UAE, has partnered with Pacific Controls Cloud Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Controls, to launch cloud services for enterprise customers.
The two entities will jointly deliver Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Cloud platform to enterprises customers across the GCC region in the first phase of its offerings.
The highlights of the offering include: on-demand Infrastructure as a service; subscription based payments; anywhere, anytime access; rapid scalability on demand; and pooled computing resources with high security.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud services are hosted at their Uptime Institute-certified Tier III Data Center located in Dubai Technopark. The facility is the largest data center campus of its kind in the Middle East.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud Services are available with customised plans to suit the various business needs of enterprises. The services help organizations eliminate the requirement to manage complex IT Infrastructure and lets them focus on their core business.
Dilip Rahulan, executive chairman, Pacific Controls, said: "We are pleased to partner with Etisalat to form a first of its kind alliance in the region between a telco and a managed services and converged engineering solutions provider.”
“The core objective of our partnership is to provide high-quality, innovative cloud-based IT infrastructure services to enterprises in the region.
“Our Cloud offerings will allow businesses to access a diverse array of applications and extend customers' IT capabilities with no capital cost, with significant enhancements to their flexibility, scalability and speed,” he added.
Etisalat has created a high-speed, redundant backbone network with an abundance of bandwidth which plays a significant role to reach Cloud to each and every individual and organizations at a fraction of the cost when compared with traditional ICT setup in standalone enterprises.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud Services is positioned to meet the IT requirements of multiple verticals including government departments, banking and finance, education, energy and oil, wholesale and retail, airline, logistics and real estate.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud services are available in the form of public, private and hybrid Cloud, based on the requirements and preference of business.
Managed services are designed to ensure maximum uptime for hosted IT services of the customer and are backed up by 24x7x365 monitoring and remediation services which ensure that applications or servers have minimum downtime. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network