Du gets UK, ISO accreditations
Dubai, October 29, 2012
UAE telecom services operator du said its corporate services department has been granted recertification of International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) 14001 and British Standards Institution (BSI) OHSAS 18001.
This follows a successful audit done by DQS a standard industry practice repeated every three years. The announcement coincides with du’s support to the World Energy Forum as a lead sponsor, which was held recently in Dubai.
The British Standards Institution (BSI) OHSAS 18001 certificate is the world’s foremost assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems, while the International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) 14001 certificate acknowledges a rigorous corporate commitment to environmental management.
This underscores du's commitment to upholding the highest levels of health, safety and environment (HSE) practices, said a senior official.
"Being able to renew internationally-recognised certifications in our health, safety and environment practices is a testament to our intense efforts in these areas," said Rashid ElSheikh, the executive VP of Corporate Services, du.
"We have dedicated our efforts to ensuring a superior working environment for our colleagues, so that they spend their time in a safe, healthy atmosphere. This inspires them and empowers them to be more productive, by knowing that we consider their well-being to be an utmost priority," he noted.
“We consider occupational safety and environmental stewardship to be the basis of not only our exceptional customer service success, but of our responsibility to the UAE community. By setting a benchmark within our own company we can encourage our colleagues and community to aspire to similar standards,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m