Mobily Q3 net jumps 23pc, beating forecasts
Riyadh, October 20, 2012
Saudi's No 2 telecom company, Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), said on Saturday its third-quarter net profit jumped 23 per cent to 1.51 billion riyals ($403 million) over the same period of 2011, beating analyst forecasts.
The firm, an affiliate of UAE's Etisalat , attributed its performance to higher revenue from its data and business units.
Analysts polled by Reuters on average had forecast Mobily - which competes with the Gulf's No.1 operator Saudi Telecom Co and Zain Saudi, part-owned by Kuwait's Zain - would make a quarterly profit of 1.44 billion riyals. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network