Mobily Q3 net jumps 23pc, beating forecasts
Riyadh, October 20, 2012
Saudi's No 2 telecom company, Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), said on Saturday its third-quarter net profit jumped 23 per cent to 1.51 billion riyals ($403 million) over the same period of 2011, beating analyst forecasts.
The firm, an affiliate of UAE's Etisalat , attributed its performance to higher revenue from its data and business units.
Analysts polled by Reuters on average had forecast Mobily - which competes with the Gulf's No.1 operator Saudi Telecom Co and Zain Saudi, part-owned by Kuwait's Zain - would make a quarterly profit of 1.44 billion riyals. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet