Etisalat, SAP roll out key business solutions
Dubai, October 15, 2012
UAE telecom operator Etisalat has joined forces with leading business software company SAP to launch a new suite of mobile applications aimed at improving the enterprise mobility solutions for the UAE business sector.
Unveiling the new application, Etisalat said the 'Smart Mobility Suite for SAP Solution’ aims to expand the enterprise mobility of the UAE business sector by enabling industries to utilize mobile technology to streamline their workforce management and workflows.
In particular, it will improve productivity in areas of business operation such as field force management, inventory management, workflow approvals, IT asset management, fleet management and facilities management, said a top official.
“Partnering with SAP allows Etisalat to offer efficient and comprehensive mobility solutions that will increase productivity for companies in the UAE. This agreement confirms our leadership position in the field of mobility solutions, and we will continue to explore new and innovative ways to improve workforce operations for businesses,” remarked Abdulla Hashim, the senior VP, ICT at Etisalat.
Qais Gharaibeh, the managing director of SAP UAE said, "Mobility is central to our innovation agenda and a powerful technology trend that has broad and deep impact across both the enterprise and consumer markets."
"We are proud to partner with Etisalat to help drive the mobile revolution and, together, our ability to unwire core business processes that will unlock tremendous opportunities for businesses across the region," Gharaibeh added.
One of the suite’s options is the Mobile Work Force Management Solution which can be integrated with multiple backend systems such as SAP, Maximo, Oracle, GIS Esri and many more.
The solution has capabilities to run on multiple devices with true cross-platform support that, unlike other solutions, doesn’t require generating and maintaining separate code for each device platform.
Hashim pointed out that the solution could also be integrated with peripherals such as GIS, GPS, barcode screen scanning, RFID and Bluetooth.
"Introducing the Mobile Workforce Management Solution in collaboration with SAP is a milestone that adds to our list of achievements in the area of mobility solutions," he noted.
"This new solution puts enterprise data into the hands of field service personnel and offers businesses the capability to fully automate their mobile supply chain," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum