Telecom equipment in big demand
Dubai, October 15, 2012
Demand for communication equipment in the Middle East has witnessed a gradual upswing, on the back of continuing infrastructure developments, said experts.
Major sporting events such as the London Olympics and the soccer World Cup in Qatar have contributed to the demand.
Among the many regional telecom and equipment companies at Gitex Technology Week was the UK firm, Greenlee Communications.
The company, which was part of the UK Pavilion at the exhibition, has been returning to the region for the last 12 years.
"Markets such as the Middle East are always building and using small appliances," sales representative Nicholas Coyle told the Gulf Daily News.
"All of these infrastructure developments have fibre requirements and communication needs," he noted.
The construction boom in the Middle East hasn't waned, he observed.
"Dubai has been growing over the last 30 years," said Coyle. "They have faced problems with financing. However, if there's space, people will continue to build on it," he added
The platform Gitex provided for technology companies was vast, by the sheer scale of the expo. "It makes you realise how big and how difficult the sector is. You should know your product well and how to sell it to exhibit here successfully," he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network