Etisalat to offer blazing Net speeds for homes
Abu Dhabi, October 14, 2012
Leading UAE telecommunications provider Etisalat plans to launch the blazing 10 times faster Internet speeds of 300 Mbps for its residential customers by month end, said a senior official.
This comes as part of Etisalat’s eLife double play and triple play service allowing superfast access to content, gaming, video streaming, social media, downloads and much more for its customers.
With this, Etisalat’s customers will become the first in the Middle East to enjoy transformational Internet speeds in their homes, said Rashed Majed Alabbar, the VP of Home Products Marketing for Etisalat said.
“Fiber-optic network offers a tremendous capacity to keep up with any new technological advancement such as eLife TV, home monitoring and so on. Delivering an even higher performance to home and office customers, the commercial launch of the region’s highest 300Mbps speeds is a major milestone in our fiber-optic roll-out plan for the UAE,” Alabbar noted.
Since launch of eLife services, number of customers subscribed to the service has reached half a million, he added.
The eLife service offers up to 100Mbps home broadband double or triple play options for customers to enjoy Internet, TV and fixed-line services on a single, convenient account, said Alabbar.
The eLife 100Mbps triple play subscription (Internet, TV and fixed-line) is available to customers at the market’s best-in-value rate of Dh999 ($272).
“We are excited to launch the new 300Mbps speed. We are confident on the potential of our fiber-optic broadband network to not only benefit our customers’ social lives, but also drive development in UAE’s businesses and areas such m-health, e-governance and m-education, to name a few," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network