Qtel Group wins big at Telecoms event
Muscat, October 8, 2012
Qtel, and Nawras, a part of Qtel Group, recently won awards at the Telecoms World Middle East Awards held in Dubai.
Winning ‘Best Customer Strategy’, Nawras was recognised for the company’s successful efforts in attracting new customers and retaining existing customers with innovative strategies and reward programmes, a statement from the company said.
Qtel Group won ‘Best Operator’, coming first in a field that included Etisalat, Batelco, MTN Irancell, Umniah Mobile Company, Viva, and Zain Group.
The company’s focus on enhancing the customer experience, through a range of targeted services and development of broadband and fibre offerings, helped distinguish the company in the category, the statement said.
“We are proud that these awards recognise Qtel Group’s ongoing growth and development, in addition to our dedication to our customers. Qtel Group continues to lead the field in delivering the most advanced services, including fibre and 4G offerings, and in supporting initiatives that make a real difference in people’s lives,” said Qtel Group CEO Dr Nasser Marafih.
“We continue to focus on new areas for growth, such as the ongoing development of our business in Iraq, the successful launch of 3G services in Tunisia, and the strong potential for development in Algeria. The customer experience is our number one priority, to ensure that we enrich the lives of people today and in the future,” he said.
Ross Cormack, Nawras chief executive, said: “It is an honour to receive the award for delivering excellent customer experience. We are constantly looking for ways to delight our customers and have extended the successful Nawras Elite programme so there are now more ways to earn points and receive free credit.”
“We have also opened new stores, introduced great offers like 800/800 and launched our social media platforms.”
“Constantly extending our sales network, we reach more customers in more places with our pleasingly different service. We are thrilled to be recognised again at a regional level and we will continue to work hard to introduce new products and services for our customers to benefit from whether they are at home, at work or on the move.”
Qtel in Qatar won the award for ‘Best Middle Eastern Wholesale Carrier’. Since launching its wholesale operations in 2010, Qtel has become one of the fastest-growing wholesale operators in the region, with revenues growing more than 100 per cent.
These recognitions came in a week of awards that continued to demonstrate the company’s excellence, including Qtel Group CEO Dr Nasser Marafih being named as number 62 in the Global Telecoms Business Power 100 annual ranking. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network