Batelco warns customers of fraudulent calls
Manama, October 2, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, Batelco, has issued a warning to its customers to be on the alert regarding a spate of fraudulent calls which are being generated from international numbers beginning with +88.
A number of customers have contacted Batelco Customer Care Centre to report the receipt of several missed calls from unrecognised international numbers including calls in the middle of the night.
“A number of Batelco’s customers have received missed calls from +88 international numbers and are seeking our advice on how to deal with this matter,” said Batelco’s Group general manager of media relations Ahmed Al Janahi.
“We strongly advise our customers not to return the calls as unless they recognise the number calling, it is more than likely that these are fraudulent calls,” he stressed.
Batelco issued several warnings in the last couple of years alerting its customers to be on the alert for hoax calls coming from Bahrain numbers. The latest spate of annoying calls are coming from international numbers.
“Batelco cannot block numbers or ranges of numbers from international locations. Scam calls are a global problem with reported incidents coming from all over the world and Bahrain is no exception,” Al Janahi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit