Batelco warns customers of fraudulent calls
Manama, October 2, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, Batelco, has issued a warning to its customers to be on the alert regarding a spate of fraudulent calls which are being generated from international numbers beginning with +88.
A number of customers have contacted Batelco Customer Care Centre to report the receipt of several missed calls from unrecognised international numbers including calls in the middle of the night.
“A number of Batelco’s customers have received missed calls from +88 international numbers and are seeking our advice on how to deal with this matter,” said Batelco’s Group general manager of media relations Ahmed Al Janahi.
“We strongly advise our customers not to return the calls as unless they recognise the number calling, it is more than likely that these are fraudulent calls,” he stressed.
Batelco issued several warnings in the last couple of years alerting its customers to be on the alert for hoax calls coming from Bahrain numbers. The latest spate of annoying calls are coming from international numbers.
“Batelco cannot block numbers or ranges of numbers from international locations. Scam calls are a global problem with reported incidents coming from all over the world and Bahrain is no exception,” Al Janahi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project