MMD signs up distributor for philips monitors
Manama, October 2, 2012
MMD (Multimedia Displays), a wholly-owned company of TPV established in 2009 through a brand license agreement with Philips, has appointed Gulf Shadows Computer System as the authorised distributor for the Philips range of computer monitors.
As per the deal, Gulf Shadows Computer System will be responsible for distribution of the wide range of Philips LCD/LED computer monitors in Oman, Syria, Yemen, Libya and Jordan.
Philips will offer a wide variety of monitors ranging from 15.6” to 27” screen sizes that are equipped with advance and innovative technologies like, PowerSensor, ErgoSensor, Smart Kolor, IPS, 3D, Lightframe, among others.
Commenting on the deal, SamehGamel, the business development manager for MMD in Middle East said, “We are glad to sign up with Gulf Shadows Computer Systemand given the wide reach of Gulf Shadows in channels across the Oman, Syria, Yemen, Libya and Jordan, Philips will be able to penetrate further deep into the Middle East market and that will help Philips monitors to prop up its market share in the region.”
Philips expects the ground knowledge of the local markets, technical capabilities and extensive reach of Gulf Shadows Computer Systemwould further enhance its presence in the Mena region, he added.
Feras Mohamed ArifKayali, the sales director, Gulf Shadows Computer Systems said, "It is our pleasure to partner with one of the leading brands in the world and distribute Philips among the key markets in the region."
"We are sure that our wide and loyal distribution channel in Oman, Syria, Yemen, Libya and Jordan will provide the right platform for Philips to gain market share across the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network