Viva to introduce Nano SIM
Manama, September 16, 2012
Viva Bahrain, the newest player in Bahrain's telecommunications sector, said it has introduced the nano SIM card for the first time in the Kingdom.
The move is in preparation for the launch of the new generation of smartphones, including the iPhone 5, which requires customers to upgrade to nano SIMs, said a statement from Viva.
The new generation of SIM cards approved by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute is 40 per cent smaller than its predecessor, the micro SIM, and measures 12.3 mm wide, 8.8 mm high and 0.67 mm thick.
The operator said customers can already select micro SIMs or standard SIMs to swap their current SIM cards for the new nano version, as and when devices requiring them become available.
The launch of the nano SIM card is yet another example of Viva's commitment to offering unparalleled services and introducing innovative products and the latest technologies for its customers, the company statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi