Viva to introduce Nano SIM
Manama, September 16, 2012
Viva Bahrain, the newest player in Bahrain's telecommunications sector, said it has introduced the nano SIM card for the first time in the Kingdom.
The move is in preparation for the launch of the new generation of smartphones, including the iPhone 5, which requires customers to upgrade to nano SIMs, said a statement from Viva.
The new generation of SIM cards approved by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute is 40 per cent smaller than its predecessor, the micro SIM, and measures 12.3 mm wide, 8.8 mm high and 0.67 mm thick.
The operator said customers can already select micro SIMs or standard SIMs to swap their current SIM cards for the new nano version, as and when devices requiring them become available.
The launch of the nano SIM card is yet another example of Viva's commitment to offering unparalleled services and introducing innovative products and the latest technologies for its customers, the company statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi