Mobily launches 'WhatsApp' package
Riyadh, September 15, 2012
Saudi telecom operator Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) has introduced “WhatsApp” package, a first-of-its-kind in the region which offers its key features through weekly and monthly packages with a low and fixed prices.
“WhatsApp” application is considered one of the well-known applications worldwide, owned by "WhatsApp Inc." .
The application allows instant chat feature via smart phones through the Internet, Mobily always seeks to enrich the lives of its customers through innovative products and service.
This innovative package comes following a co-operation agreement with “WhatsApp Inc” which gives Mobily the exclusivity to launch “WhatsApp” packages in the Kingdom, said Mobily in a statement.
The new packages will be offered to all its postpaid and prepaid subscribers, it added.
Mobily said the agreement is a novel one as event non Mobily connect users can activate the Apps package for SR20 per month. Customers can also subscribe in the weekly package of SR10.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network