Mobily launches 'WhatsApp' package
Riyadh, September 15, 2012
Saudi telecom operator Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) has introduced “WhatsApp” package, a first-of-its-kind in the region which offers its key features through weekly and monthly packages with a low and fixed prices.
“WhatsApp” application is considered one of the well-known applications worldwide, owned by "WhatsApp Inc." .
The application allows instant chat feature via smart phones through the Internet, Mobily always seeks to enrich the lives of its customers through innovative products and service.
This innovative package comes following a co-operation agreement with “WhatsApp Inc” which gives Mobily the exclusivity to launch “WhatsApp” packages in the Kingdom, said Mobily in a statement.
The new packages will be offered to all its postpaid and prepaid subscribers, it added.
Mobily said the agreement is a novel one as event non Mobily connect users can activate the Apps package for SR20 per month. Customers can also subscribe in the weekly package of SR10.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services