Etisalat raises $510m from Axiata stake sale
Hong Kong, September 13, 2012
Etisalat, the United Arab Emirates' biggest telecommunications company, raised about $510 million from the sale of a stake in Indonesia's PT XL Axiata.
The company sold 775 million shares at 6,300 rupiah each, putting the deal at 4.88 trillion rupiah ($510.03 million), according to a term sheet of the offering seen by Reuters on Thursday.
The shares were priced at a discount of 6 percent to Wednesday's close, after having been marketed in a range of 6,100 to 6,300 rupiah each.
JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley managed the share sale. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders