Etisalat raises $510m from Axiata stake sale
Hong Kong, September 13, 2012
Etisalat, the United Arab Emirates' biggest telecommunications company, raised about $510 million from the sale of a stake in Indonesia's PT XL Axiata.
The company sold 775 million shares at 6,300 rupiah each, putting the deal at 4.88 trillion rupiah ($510.03 million), according to a term sheet of the offering seen by Reuters on Thursday.
The shares were priced at a discount of 6 percent to Wednesday's close, after having been marketed in a range of 6,100 to 6,300 rupiah each.
JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley managed the share sale. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security