Batelco donates $26,702 to Dar Al Manar Centre
Manama, September 10, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has donated BD10,000 ($26,702.87) to Dar Al Manar Centre, as part of its commitment to support elderly members of the community.
Batelco Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa presented the cheque to Dar Al Manar president Shaikh Daij Bin Khalifa Al Khalifa at a meeting held at Batelco headquarters in Hamala.
Dar Al-Manar Centre offers day-care to more than 124 elderly men and women. The goal of the centre is to concentrate on enhancing the elderly people’s talents through a range of programmes, thus helping them to continue their active participation in the community.
The majority of the elderly men and women who attend the centre daily, are past employees of some of Bahrain’s leading establishments, and are now retired.
Their daily programme consists of handy-craft lessons and the produce is exhibited and sold at various fairs and exhibitions held throughout the year.
Quran lessons are also offered and in addition, tours to see different interesting locations are a regular feature. Dar Al Manar Centre provides the elderly visitors with breakfast and lunch and free transportation from and to their homes.
“As one of the kingdom’s leading organisations, Batelco is committed to reaching out to all residents of the community and lending a helping hand to those who need it most,” said Batelco Group general manager of media relations, Ahmed Al Janahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network