Vodafone seals Zain partnership deal
London, September 4, 2012
British mobile phone giant Vodafone said it has signed an agreement with Kuwaiti telecom company Zain that would help expand the global telecoms group's presence in the Middle East.
'Vodafone Group and Zain Group today jointly announce a partner market agreement that will significantly expand Vodafone's partner market presence in the Middle East and provide Zain customers with greater support in Vodafone's global footprint,' the duo said in a statement.
'Under the non-equity partnership agreement, Vodafone will work with Zain companies in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq to provide customers with high-quality communications services.
'The move will enhance Zain and Vodafone's ability to meet growing demand among multinational businesses for sophisticated voice and data communications solutions and advanced roaming services within the Middle East.'
Vodafone added that the deal would complement its own regional operations in Egypt and Qatar, and increase the number of countries in which it has partner market agreements to more than 50.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award