Qtel offer of $9.21 per share apt: Wataniya
Kuwait, August 29, 2012
Wataniya Telecom has announced that the offer made by Qatar Telecom (Qtel) for the acquisition of its shares at KD2.6 ($9.21) per share is appropriate to shareholders that are interested in accepting the offer.
Wataniya management has endorsed the findings of the report of the independent investment advisor Protiviti, a global consulting firm, and agreed that the offer is fair, it said in a statement.
Qtel received approval of its Offer Document from the Kuwait Capital Markets Authority on August 15.
The offer document and other related documents are available for review on the websites of Wataniya Telecom at wataniya.com and Qtel at qtel.qa until the end of the offer period, which will start on September 4 and conclude on October 4.
A copy of the independent report is available for the review of Wataniya Telecom’s shareholders at Wataniya Telecom’s head office, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands
- UAE firms ‘lacking in cloud integration’
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders