Qtel unit in $406m Indonesia tower deal
Doha, August 5, 2012
Qatar Telecom unit Indosat has concluded a sale and leaseback agreement worth $406 million with Tower Bersama Infrastructure (TBIG), the Qatari firm said in a statement on Sunday.
The deal, which covers 2,500 towers, will be financed using cash and newly-issued shares worth 5 percent of TBIG's enlarged share capital, the statement said.
Proceeds from the sale will be used to repay outstanding debt and to finance investment and other general corporate purposes at Indosat.
Shareholders of TBIG, as well as bondholders and lenders of Indosat, have assented to the transaction. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions