Qtel unit in $406m Indonesia tower deal
Doha, August 5, 2012
Qatar Telecom unit Indosat has concluded a sale and leaseback agreement worth $406 million with Tower Bersama Infrastructure (TBIG), the Qatari firm said in a statement on Sunday.
The deal, which covers 2,500 towers, will be financed using cash and newly-issued shares worth 5 percent of TBIG's enlarged share capital, the statement said.
Proceeds from the sale will be used to repay outstanding debt and to finance investment and other general corporate purposes at Indosat.
Shareholders of TBIG, as well as bondholders and lenders of Indosat, have assented to the transaction. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence