Viva Bahrain joins crucial industry panel
Manama, June 24, 2012
Viva Bahrain said it has become the first telecommunication provider in the kingdom to join a panel of Samena Telecommunications Council, a leading tri-lingual industry association.
"We are very excited about this initiative and the possibilities it holds for us in Samena Council CMO Committee," said VIVA chief commercial officer Andrew Hanna.
The committee was recently launched by Samena Telecommunications Council with the aim to organise conferences and forums that will enable sharing the best practices, innovations and ideas, creating new value-added revenue generation concept, and facilitating networking opportunities.
"There is a great deal of experience among CMOs in the region and we anticipate much benefit from the exchange of knowledge and expertise. As an innovator in the field, Viva welcomes a forum where industry leaders can pool their resources to explore new drivers of growth and tackle common challenges," he remarked.
"Viva Bahrain is now the first and only Bahraini telecom provider to join the CMO Committee, further consolidating their position as an innovator in the telecommunications field in the kingdom," Hanna added.
Samena Telecommunications Council president Bocar A said the regional telecommunications industry is extremely dynamic and on a rapid growth curve, and customer needs and demands are fast-evolving as a result of globalisation, which creates a number of challenges for CMOs.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions