Viva Bahrain joins crucial industry panel
Manama, June 24, 2012
Viva Bahrain said it has become the first telecommunication provider in the kingdom to join a panel of Samena Telecommunications Council, a leading tri-lingual industry association.
"We are very excited about this initiative and the possibilities it holds for us in Samena Council CMO Committee," said VIVA chief commercial officer Andrew Hanna.
The committee was recently launched by Samena Telecommunications Council with the aim to organise conferences and forums that will enable sharing the best practices, innovations and ideas, creating new value-added revenue generation concept, and facilitating networking opportunities.
"There is a great deal of experience among CMOs in the region and we anticipate much benefit from the exchange of knowledge and expertise. As an innovator in the field, Viva welcomes a forum where industry leaders can pool their resources to explore new drivers of growth and tackle common challenges," he remarked.
"Viva Bahrain is now the first and only Bahraini telecom provider to join the CMO Committee, further consolidating their position as an innovator in the telecommunications field in the kingdom," Hanna added.
Samena Telecommunications Council president Bocar A said the regional telecommunications industry is extremely dynamic and on a rapid growth curve, and customer needs and demands are fast-evolving as a result of globalisation, which creates a number of challenges for CMOs.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum