Zain Saudi sets date for capital restructuring
Riyadh, June 9, 2012
Telecom operator Zain Saudi has started preparations for its key shareholders' meeting on June 25 where its capital restructuring plan will be put for vote, said Saudi Fransi Capital, the lead manager of the transaction.
At the meeting, Zain Saudi will ask shareholders to approve a multibillion dollar capital restructuring after the company won endorsement from Capital Market Authority and Ministry of Commerce and Industry for its plan.
The capital reduction will result in the company’s paid-up capital being reduced from SR14 billion ($3.7 billion) to SR4.8 billion.
The paid-up capital will be subsequently increased, said Saudi Fransi Capital and Al Rajhi Capital, who are the financial advisers to the capital restructuring plan.
The rights issue will consist of shareholders in Zain Saudi subscribing for new shares in the company for cash or by capitalising certain subordinated loans made by some of its founding shareholders.
On the elaborate arrangements made, Zain Saudi said the shareholders will be able to vote electronically in respect of the resolutions being proposed at the EGM through Tadawul using the Tadawulaty facility.
The facility is open since June 4 (three weeks before the EGM) and will run till 11am on the date of the meeting. The deadline is for all shareholders owning 20 or more shares in the Saudi telecom operator.
The company has selected the following banks for receiving applications for new shares.
They include Banque Saudi Fransi, Riyad Bank, NCB, Bank Al Jazira, Bank Al Bilad, ANB, Al Rajhi Bank, Samba, Saudi Investment Bank, Saudi Holland Bank, SABB and Al Inma Bank.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services