ITS develops payments system for Saudi cbank
Dubai, June 4, 2012
ITS (International Turnkey Systems) Group, a leading software firm, has developed a security system for Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (Sama) to manage electronic payments, digital signatures and smart cards.
The security system has been implemented for the Saudi Arabian Riyal Interbank Express (Sarie).
Sama provides the mechanism for all Saudi commercial banks to make and settle payments in Saudi riyals. It provides the basis for improved banking products and services and is the foundation for the payments system strategy of Saudi Arabia.
Due to the increase in banking activities in Saudi Arabia, there was an essential need for a security information system that provided confidentiality and speedy transactions. The system protects the bank’s critical data pertaining to e-payments and e-signatures.
“Once again, ITS has proved that it has the ability to meet the requirements of one of its major clients, Sama, one of the biggest monetary agencies in the region, due to its activities and responsibilities in one of the largest markets,” said Khalid Faraj Al Saeid, ITS managing partner and general manager.
“Solutions provided by ITS to Sama are a model of security measures that any agency like Sama would like to implement, as it carries out millions of banking transactions daily and requires protection and confidentiality,” he added.
ITS provided Sama with a comprehensive solution aimed at protecting more than 35 million remittance transactions, amounting to more than $4 trillion per year. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum