HP appoints new networking director
Dubai, May 30, 2012
HP Middle East has appointed Ammar Halabi as its new Middle East director for its networking Business Unit.
Halabi brings 18 years of ICT industry experience with him, including insights gained from leading high profile, international sales organisations.
Halabi’s appointment signals the intent to further expand the valuable HP Networking business, which is a mainstay of the Enterprise business in the region.
“We welcome Ammar to his new position, and believe his expertise and passion for the industry will suit our growing networking business,” said Alaa Al Shimy, Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking director, HP Middle East.
“Ammar’s long experience in the sector will enable HP to develop its business in the networking sector across the region.”
Halabi joins with extensive experience in cloud computing and data centres, much of which was garnered from his time with Cisco, where prior to joining HP he was regional manager for Data Centre, Virtualization and Cloud.
Halabi replaces Samer Zein who has been promoted to director of software support, services and Education Business Unit in MEMA (Middle East, Mediterranean and Africa).
Samer will be now leading the software support and division sales team and consultants across the MEMA region concentrating mainly in expanding the market share for HP software support, education and consulting services.
Halabi is a Computer and Communications Engineering graduate from American University of Beirut. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network