HP extends Gen8 server series
Dubai, May 27, 2012
HP has extended its HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) portfolio with new servers that deliver increased performance, simplified maintenance and improved data center uptime.
HP also announced new financial, support and partner programs, including the HP ProActive Insight Architecture Alliance, which brings together some of the world’s leading technology companies to eliminate manual maintenance tasks and significantly improve data center efficiency.
With HP ProLiant Gen8 and its expanded ecosystem of programs, HP is helping organisations transform technology silos to efficient, highly automated IT infrastructures that allow as many as 30 days a year to be reallocated from maintenance tasks to innovation that fuels growth.
Delivering greater computing opportunities
The expanded HP ProLiant Gen8 line-up includes new servers based on the latest AMD Opteron 6200 Series processors, Intel Xeon processor E5-2400 product family and Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 product family.
Optional enhanced HP PCIe Gen2 IO Accelerators that reduce data access latency enable clients to achieve accelerated application performance and improved compute cycles.
To address the growing requirements that span from small and mid-size businesses up to enterprise organizations, HP is also offering new HP ProLiant Gen8 rack-and-tower servers and a new blade server with the Intel Xeon processor E5-2400 product family.
The HP ProLiant family of scale-up servers also will add support for the Intel Xeon E5-4600 processor in new, density-optimized form factors for both blade and rack servers. These will begin shipping in volume in the summer, a statement said.
The HP ProActive Insight Architecture Alliance is focused on maximizing the built-in intelligence of HP ProLiant Gen8 servers. Alliance members are leaders in the memory, storage, input/output (I/0), power and infrastructure segments.
They design technology that meets HP ProActive Insight Architecture standards to help analyse thousands of system parameters, and deliver high levels of automation, aiding in the reduction of data center downtime caused by manual errors.
Technology contributed by alliance members is intelligently integrated with HP ProLiant Gen8 to enable the communication of alerts, metrics and other critical system analytics to the HP Insight Online support portal.
Clients that leverage HP’s service feature to troubleshoot issues and optimize performance can decrease their problem-resolution time by as much as 40 per cent, reducing potential downtime.
HP has delivered HP ProLiant Gen8 servers to thousands of new clients, including Bitedefender, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Garanti Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Purdue University, Raytheon, University Hospitals Leuven and Verint.
“As a leader in scientific research to improve patient care, we require a technology infrastructure that can help us evaluate medical advances while eliminating costly, time-consuming manual operations,” said Reinoud Reynders, IT manager, Infrastructure and Operations, University Hospitals Leuven.
“The intelligent technologies built into the HP ProLiant Gen8 servers automate most of these tasks, saving us hours of administration time and decreasing operational expenses.”
Pricing and the new HP ProLiant Gen8 platforms are expected to be available through HP and worldwide channel partners beginning in June. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite