Batelco, Omantel ink connectivity deal
Manama, May 20, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company, and Omantel, the top service provider in Oman, have signed a partnership that will enable businesses to establish secure inter-office connectivity between both locations.
Building on existing agreements, this partnership will allow bi-lateral Data IP Services to be sold between Bahrain and Oman, as well as providing one-stop-shop transit services to Batelco’s and Omantel’s carrier partners, enabling both parties to extend corporate VPN solutions between their respective markets.
This agreement will provide state-of-the-art, end-to-end MPLS VPN services to Bahrain and Oman-based businesses.
Batelco’s general manager Enterprise and Government Division Adel Daylami and Omantel senior manager Capacity & Submarine at Wholesale Business Unit Johannes Boersma signed the partnership agreement on the sidelines of the International Telecoms Week (ITW) held recently in Chicago.
Through this agreement, Batelco and Omantel will further strengthen its offering to carrier and corporate customers in all GCC countries, Middle East as well as anywhere around the globe.
Daylami said that this strategic bi-lateral understanding is an important addition to Batelco’s portfolio of OSS agreements. “Links for Batelco’s international customers and partners can now be extended to all GCC countries through Batelco’s Global IP VPN reliable, state of the art network,” he said.
“Accordingly, this comes in line with Batelco’s International Carrier Relations (ICR) strategy via its presence in all GCC countries as well as other key destinations, through reliable MPLS, Ethernet and IPLC networks in order to expand the company’s IP Data Services reach to all major destinations,” added Daylami.
This agreement complements Batelco’s range of global connectivity services such as Global IP-VPN, Global Ethernet, IPLC, Global Satellite services and a Global Datacenter that not only enhances efficiency by offering seamless, secure and dedicated interconnectivity but also the reliable support of a professional team working 24x7 in Batelco’s sophisticated NOC’s (Network Operation Centres).
Boersma said “Omantel provides a comprehensive range of managed services to companies and carriers, and this new agreement with Batelco enables Omantel to increase the depth of its MPLS VPN portfolio, adding additional regional capabilities. The company is proud to work with Batelco, which is a long-term partner of Omantel.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre