GBI, Gulfnet sign capacity sale deal
Kuwait, May 9, 2012
Gulf Bridge International (GBI) and Gulfnet Communications, affiliated to Kuwait-based United Networks, and a leading online services provider, have signed a capacity sale agreement.
The GBI network will provide Gulfnet with industry-leading connectivity across the region, enabling Gulfnet to offer secure, reliable, high-speed and any-to-any communications solutions in addition to a host of diversified, value added services.
“To continue providing our valued clients with excellent service locally and internationally for their current and future telecom requirements, Gulfnet is delighted to sign with GBI for additional capacity on the new submarine cable system,” said Wael Al-Sultan, GM of Gulfnet Communications.
“Gulfnet committed to providing redundant, secure and scalable services throughout the globe. Expanding our bandwidth capacity with GBI meets our strategic plans of building diverse routes to ensure business continuity to our esteemed clients,” he added.
“Connecting to major Tier 1 and Tier 2 providers east and west via our international gateways through both terrestrial and submarine cables eliminates service interruption,” said Husam Qasem, deputy general manager of Gulfnet Communications.
“I am pleased to announce that GBI has signed this capacity deal with Gulfnet Communications,” said Ahmed Mekky, board member and CEO of GBI.
“The GBI network will deliver superior service to Gulfnet Communications Co. and their end customers, who will benefit from improved international connectivity. The communications landscape around the Gulf is changing and I believe that Gulfnet’s choice of GBI as their international bandwidth provider will enable them to take advantage of this evolution.”
The GBI cable system connects to all the Gulf countries and provides onward connectivity to Europe and Asia.
The cable system is designed around a core ring, which can re-route traffic thereby increasing resilience. With a design capacity of up to 10 terabits per second on certain cable sections, the GBI cable system will have the capability to meet the rapid growth in demand that has been forecast for traffic originating and terminating in Gulf.
The GBI cable system is the region’s highest capacity and most geographically comprehensive network, as well as the Middle East’s only carrier-neutral operator, offering operators and ISPs increased bandwidth, choice, resilience and value.
Gulfnet Communications leverages its advanced solutions capabilities and domain expertise across its local and regional network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises, service providers and consumers. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit