Batelco to carry out modernisation work
Manama, May 2, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, Batelco, will carry out modernisation work starting May 7, as part of the company’s ongoing strategy to enhance its networks and keep them on par with the highest international standards.
The upgrade work, which will deliver major enhancements to Batelco’s voice and ISDN services, may cause some brief disruption to services including voice, ISDN primary and basic service, a statement from Batelco said.
However, measures have been taken to ensure minimal degradation to services while the upgrades take place, the statement said.
Work will take place in the early hours of the morning between 12am and 6am and is expected to affect each area for less than 10 minutes, it said.
The modernisation work is scheduled for May 7 and 13 in Hawar, Jaw, Sakhir, Mahooz, Hamala, Umm Nasan, Borders of Island, Budaiya, Khamees, Saar, Sitra, Waddi, Isa Town, Ma’ameer, Ras Abu Jarjoor, A’Ali, North Isa Town, Awali, West Riffa, Dumistan, Jazaer, Nuzha, Rowdha, Sadad, Riffa, Maqsha, Lawzi, Sanad and BIC.
On May 19 and 23 work will be carried out in Central Manama, Abu Mahir, Bahrain Financial Harbour, City Centre, Diplomatic Area, Hidd, Hoora, Juffair, Manama, Muharraq, Qudabiya, Ras Rumman, Seef, World Trade Centre, Hidd Industrial Area, Shaikh Salman Port, Sanabis and Samaheej, the statement said.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “We apologise for any inconvenience the upgrade work may cause and appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our customers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution