RIM to showcase BlackBerry OS 7.1 at event
Dubai, April 16, 2012
Research in Motion (RIM) will showcase its new BlackBerry 7.1 OS, as well as the new PlayBook 2.0 OS at Mobile Show 2012, which opens in Dubai tomorrow (April 17)
BlackBerry smartphone customers with a BlackBerry Bold 9900, BlackBerry Curve 9360, BlackBerry Curve 9380, BlackBerry Curve 9860, BlackBerry Torch 9810 or a Porsche Design P’9981 smartphone from BlackBerry, can present their device at the RIM stand to be amongst the first in the Middle East to receive an exclusive upgrade directly onto their own BlackBerry 7 device.
BlackBerry 7 OS will deliver a next-generation platform for customers to further enhance the mobile experience and make life easier, from managing daily tasks to planning big adventures, said a statetment.
With the update comes a host of new features, including:
• Enhanced BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) integration that makes communicating with friends easier
• BlackBerry Tag to easily invite BBM contacts, exchange information and more using NFC (Near Field Communications)
• Enhanced Universal Search capability with auto-suggest feature and Bing search results
RIM will also be giving away NFC key rings which can be programmed with an individuals’ BlackBerry Messenger PIN or other social media address, which will then enable users to tap the key ring with their BlackBerry smartphone to retain a contact card and share with friends, it said.
The two-day conference will allow leaders of the mobile ecosystem meet and discover new business models and partnerships for their businesses. RIM will present several seminar presentations during the conference. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions