Bahrain eGA rolls out new mobile apps
Manama, April 11, 2012
The Bahrain eGovernment Authority’s (eGA) has launched a batch of new mobile applications that offers various services – from inquires and payments to obtaining data and results.
Announcing the launch, the eGA director of service delivery and channel enhancement Feras Ahmed said this comes as part of the authority's continuous objectives that aims to make the use of eServices easier and more convenient.
Explaining the details, Ahmed said all users can download the applications by visiting the eGovernment portal (www.bahrain.bh/apps) and browsing through the applications to get the best ones for their smart phones.
'Now, for the first time, you may download an application, especially made for the Bahrain International eGovernment Forum and the Bahrain IT Expo 2012; where users are able to check the agenda, view the schedule of the workshops, forum and information about the IT Expo,' explained Ahmed.
The application also provides information about the international speakers taking part in this year’s forum along with all the updates and notifications important for visitors, he added.
Feras also spoke about other new mobile applications such as Bahrain NGOs Directory which provides all contact information about NGOs in the Kingdom.
Location Providing App is another new launched mobile application which assists users in locating all 15 eService Centers and eKiosks distributed all over the Kingdom.
Another application also provides interactive information and allows users to locate public health centers, hospitals and pharmacies by searching with either their names or locations.
A key application which has been launched allows users to know which fuel is more suitable for their car by providing the car’s model, revealed Ahmed.
'The mobile application calculates the type of fuel drivers should use, by entering some information; the manufacturer, model, and year of manufacture to view the recommended fuel type that best suits their vehicle,' he added.
Another previously launched application which has now been improved allows users to view their electricity and water bill by offering simple data such as ID card number and electricity account number.
Another newly-improved application enables users to stay updated with flight information, arrival and departure timings of Bahrain International Airport – these two applications are available on iPhone and Android platforms, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies