Microsoft showcases new products in Bahrain
Manama, March 27, 2012
Microsoft is showcasing its next generation of products and services in Bahrain at the two-day two-day “Open Door” event which opened today.
The event, held under the patronage of the Bahrain eGovernment Authority at the Gulf Convention Center, provides IT professionals in Bahrain an opportunity to experience a range of soon-to-be-released solutions from the company and its partners, said a statement.
Open Door Bahrain is one of five Microsoft experiential technology showcases taking place in the Gulf region in 2012, reaching people across five countries including Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and the UAE.
“Information technology is constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of our competitive business market. It’s also a significant factor in the performance of businesses and is increasingly becoming the backbone of their success. Therefore, it’s very important for IT professionals as well as the overall business community, government or private sectors, to stay up to date with the latest technologies and innovations that are not yet available in the market,” said Mohamed Al Qaed, chief executive officer of the eGovernment Authority Bahrain.
He added: “A platform such as Microsoft Open Door presents an opportunity for IT professionals to hear about the latest innovations, discuss current challenges and share their own knowledge, experience and ideas in an interactive two day forum.”
He also reaffirmed that Microsoft is one of the main technology partners of the government entities in the kingdom with a longstanding relationship of more than 15 years.
Al Qaed also mentioned that government entities use a wide range Microsoft innovations and solutions while stressing the importance of expanding the relationship between the government and Microsoft.
Tareq Hijazi, country manager for Microsoft in Bahrain and Oman, said: “We are very proud to bring Microsoft Open Door to Bahrain and are excited to collaborate with our partners to showcase a range of soon-to-be-released solutions while addressing the local market requirements from an IT perspective. As a company, we place innovation at the heart of everything we do and we are confident that technology will continue to contribute to the future development of the kingdom. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Bahrain’s eGovernment Authority as well as our partners for their ongoing support and contribution to Microsoft Open Door.”
Microsoft Open Door’s regional sponsors are IBM and HP. Attendees will experience a sneak preview of Windows 8, which is not yet retailing. In addition, Open Door will have a special focus on cloud computing where the benefits that Microsoft Office 365, Windows Azure and Windows bring to business and consumers will be showcased.
Other Microsoft solutions that will be highlighted at Open Door Bahrain, which concludes tomorrow (March 28) include Systems Centre 2012, SQL Server 2012 and others. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum