Siemon announces big seminars in ME
Dubai, March 24, 2012
IT Infrastructure specialist Siemon will host a series of seminars in May in the Middle East and Africa with focus on data centre architecture and efficiency, convergence and next generation infrastructure and future-ready cable sharing design.
The series entitled ‘Infrastructure Expert’ has been designed, says Siemon, to update attendees on the hottest topics in the market: 10Gb/s-ready will be a key theme as will data centre design and optimisation, looking towards 40Gb/s.
The latest information on industry standards will be presented and Siemon claims that all the academic and theoretical content will be supported and brought to life by real-world application stories from projects within the region and around the world.
The calendar of dates range from May 6 to 7 in Riyadh and Jeddah, to May 9 in Doha, May 12 in Muscat, followed by May 15 in Nairobi and concluding on May 17 in Johannesburg.
Attendance is free by registered application and places are strictly limited to 100 per venue. Delegates are expected to include industry professionals from data centres, infrastructure, networking and IT, holding CIO, CTO, management and consultant titles.
All sectors will be welcomed and the programme is predicted to have particular interest for those working in government or in the petrochemical, leisure, finance and retail sectors.
The programme runs throughout the morning or afternoon on each date and attendees are invited to join the speakers for a networking meal following each event.
The keynote speaker at ‘Infrastructure Expert’ seminars will be John Siemon, chief technology officer at Siemon.
He has served with distinction on industry standards boards since 1988 and held a number of leadership positions, including four separate chairman positions with the TIA, ISO/IEC and BICSI.
Today John chairs the US Advisory Group on Interconnection and he is a named inventor of over 50 US patents in the field of telecommunications.
Commenting on the seminar series, Siemon said, 'Our aim is to innovate and to educate, sharing our expertise and bringing the latest technology, approaches and application to the audience, illuminating the subjects of most value in a way that facilitates expert understanding.'
“As an example of the content, we will explain why the future-facing world is migrating rapidly towards shielded infrastructure,” he noted.
'We will explore the reasons, highlighting why copper cabling shielded systems feature heavily in the latest and emerging standards – showing why these solutions can deliver the performance and security demanded by today’s and tomorrow’s environments from the data centre to the enterprise.'
'In particular, we will examine misconceptions around the shielded approach, dispelling myths and presenting facts that equip delegates to make informed choices,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre