Etisalat unit launches first 3G service in Afghanistan
Dubai, March 19, 2012
Etisalat, a leading telecommunication company, through its Afghanistan unit has launched the first 3G services in the country.
This achievement comes four years after of the launch of Etisalat Afghanistan, said a statement.
The company has customer base of more than 3.5 million active subscribers.
Ahmed Alhosani, Etisalat`s Afghanistan CEO, said: “Today is an auspicious moment in the history of telecommunications in Afghanistan – one that calls for a celebration of a public-private partnership for connecting people and improving lives. We are proud to be the first to launch 3G services in Afghanistan as this shall certainly spur a new era of advanced development in Afghanistan while positively impacting every aspect of people’s lives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal