Etisalat unit launches first 3G service in Afghanistan
Dubai, March 19, 2012
Etisalat, a leading telecommunication company, through its Afghanistan unit has launched the first 3G services in the country.
This achievement comes four years after of the launch of Etisalat Afghanistan, said a statement.
The company has customer base of more than 3.5 million active subscribers.
Ahmed Alhosani, Etisalat`s Afghanistan CEO, said: “Today is an auspicious moment in the history of telecommunications in Afghanistan – one that calls for a celebration of a public-private partnership for connecting people and improving lives. We are proud to be the first to launch 3G services in Afghanistan as this shall certainly spur a new era of advanced development in Afghanistan while positively impacting every aspect of people’s lives.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence
- Batelco names SMS challenge winners