Batelco officials attend UoB Career Day
Manama, March 5, 2012
Senior Batelco officials attended the opening of the 12th University of Bahrain (UoB) Career Day today, and also hosted a stand with industry experts available to answer questions and give advice.
Batelco Bahrain chief executive, Rashid Abdulla, and general manager of human resources, Suhaila Alnowakhda, along with other representatives were present at the event which was held under the patronage of UoB president Dr Ebrahim Mohammed Janahi, a statement from Batelco said.
The opening, held at the university’s campus in Sakhir, saw the attendance of a number of representatives from the university and from various companies participating in the exhibition.
As gold sponsor of career day, this makes it the 12th year that the company has supported the event, which is scheduled to run until March 7, the statement said.
This sponsorship comes from Batelco’s commitment to support education in the kingdom, the telecommunications company said.
The event is an ideal opportunity for university students to learn about job opportunities in the telecommunications sector and labour market development in general.
“Such events provide the perfect opportunity for university students to find out more about careers in the telecommunications industry as well as the wider job market,” Abdulla said.
“The youth of today will be the leaders of tomorrow. Education, knowledge and sound advice will provide invaluable tools to help them face the challenges that lie ahead. The UoB, in organising events such as these, is helping to build a better future for Bahraini generations to come,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m