Nvidia unveils new 'multimedia' smartphone
California, February 23, 2012
Leading chipmaker Nvidia has joined hands with global provider of telecom solutions ZTE to launch its first smartphone to be powered both by the Nvidia Tegra application processor and its Icera modem.
The new ZTE Mimosa X, aims to deliver super multimedia capabilities including advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP), Dolby sound, digital living network alliance compatibility for easy sharing of content, HD video record and play, dual microphones, and built-in gyroscope.
“The ZTE Mimosa X is exciting for a few reasons,” said Michael Rayfield, general manager of the Mobile business at Nvidia.
“The Mimosa X marks the first time Nvidia technology powers all the major processors in a single smartphone, and also the first time a premium mobile computing experience is coming to the mainstream smartphone market,” Rayfield remarked.
The new Mimosa X will be launched around the second quarter. "Positioned squarely for the mainstream market, it brings new levels of performance and connectivity to this large segment of users," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi