Nvidia unveils new 'multimedia' smartphone
California, February 23, 2012
Leading chipmaker Nvidia has joined hands with global provider of telecom solutions ZTE to launch its first smartphone to be powered both by the Nvidia Tegra application processor and its Icera modem.
The new ZTE Mimosa X, aims to deliver super multimedia capabilities including advanced audio distribution profile (A2DP), Dolby sound, digital living network alliance compatibility for easy sharing of content, HD video record and play, dual microphones, and built-in gyroscope.
“The ZTE Mimosa X is exciting for a few reasons,” said Michael Rayfield, general manager of the Mobile business at Nvidia.
“The Mimosa X marks the first time Nvidia technology powers all the major processors in a single smartphone, and also the first time a premium mobile computing experience is coming to the mainstream smartphone market,” Rayfield remarked.
The new Mimosa X will be launched around the second quarter. "Positioned squarely for the mainstream market, it brings new levels of performance and connectivity to this large segment of users," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions