Zain hosts e-commerce specialist
Manama, February 12, 2012
A group of top business leaders interacted with famous business strategist, e-commerce specialist and economist Professor Ian Angell at an exclusive dinner hosted by Zain Bahrain at the Capital Club.
Senior executives, business leaders and decision-makers from the Bahrain corporate sector were treated to Prof Angell's eye-opening talk on the future of money and the global macro-economic implications of advancements in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), said a statement from Zain.
Prof Angell, a professor at the prestigious London School of Economics, is an acclaimed economic policy critic and author with a number of best-selling books to his credit.
"Ian Angell is a very articulate speaker and his sharply intelligent observations on topics as diverse as e-commerce, the consequences of ICT on business strategy in a world globalised through ICT and his pragmatic views on general macro-economic issues gave our corporate clients much food for thought," said Zain Bahrain's general manager Mohammed Zainalabedin.
"Prof Angell's ideas concerning 'the future of work' and 'the future of money' are bound to touch one's relationship with work and its rewards and our guests will undoubtedly use some of these keen viewpoints in their own corporate and personal environments."
"The event reflected many of the core values of Zain Bahrain which continuously invests in ensuring that the kingdom's business sector has access to cutting-edge ICT products and services," Zainalabedin said.
"Our corporate clients are valuable to us and represent the future prosperity of Bahrain," he noted.
"This event expressed our appreciation for their efforts and our participation in their areas of interest," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services