Du to offer 100 jobs to Emiratis
Dubai, January 29, 2012
Dubai-based du is offering 100 jobs to Emiratis who visit its stand at Tawdheef 2012 which will be held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre from January 31 to February 2.
Visitors can submit their CV directly to the telecom’s online database, which is dedicated to Emiratis, through one of the 10 screens set aside exclusively for that purpose, a statement from the telecommunications company said.
Once included in the database, candidates will be informed of relevant opportunities that suit their profile, as and when they become available at the company.
Yaser Obaid, vice president, human resources, du, said: “Our objective is to provide an invigorating work environment that empowers Emiratis. We give our employees the chance to continue learning through on-going training in a highly rewarding and satisfying atmosphere, allowing them to improve their personal skills while giving back to the UAE community.”
Emiratisation figures are high at du; with 28 per cent of the current workforce comprising UAE nationals, and more than a third of the company’s executives being Emirati.
A regular survey, supported by Gallup, has shown du to be in the top quartile of regional companies in employee engagement, the statement said.
In 2011, du opened the UAE’s first customer care centre exclusively for Emiratis, which is 100 per cent managed by UAE nationals thereby creating employment opportunities across the Northern Emirates.
Du also offers students several employment possibilities, as it engages private and government colleges and universities to give Emiratis a strong start to their careers, it said.
The annual summer training programme gives students the chance to work for two months in select departments, and the work skills programme, under the lead of the UAE national development team, works with colleges and universities to offer students the chance to develop their technical and personal skills.
Du also accepts students looking for work experience and internship opportunities. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m