Batelco celebrates training success
Manama, January 25, 2012
Batelco Training Centre celebrated its learning and development programmes for 2011 with an award ceremony held at its Hamala headquarters in Bahrain.
During the annual event a number of presentations to staff took place, including the recognition of management who supported the centre’s initiatives in 2011.
Batelco said it had invested around one million dinars in training and development for 2011 and delivered 50,000 hours of training to 881 employees.
As part of the wide range of courses, 178 employees completed at least one e-learning programme with the top achievers completing between 15 and 20 e-courses, the company said in a statement.
The awards were presented by Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, CEO Rashid Abdulla, HR general manager Suhaila Alnowakhda and manager of training and development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa.
In line with its commitment to provide the opportunity for advanced qualifications, the company also supported a number of staff in their pursuit of academic achievements including BSc, MBA, CMA, ACCA and AAT qualifications, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence