Batelco celebrates training success
Manama, January 25, 2012
Batelco Training Centre celebrated its learning and development programmes for 2011 with an award ceremony held at its Hamala headquarters in Bahrain.
During the annual event a number of presentations to staff took place, including the recognition of management who supported the centre’s initiatives in 2011.
Batelco said it had invested around one million dinars in training and development for 2011 and delivered 50,000 hours of training to 881 employees.
As part of the wide range of courses, 178 employees completed at least one e-learning programme with the top achievers completing between 15 and 20 e-courses, the company said in a statement.
The awards were presented by Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, CEO Rashid Abdulla, HR general manager Suhaila Alnowakhda and manager of training and development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa.
In line with its commitment to provide the opportunity for advanced qualifications, the company also supported a number of staff in their pursuit of academic achievements including BSc, MBA, CMA, ACCA and AAT qualifications, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum