Batelco celebrates training success
Manama, January 25, 2012
Batelco Training Centre celebrated its learning and development programmes for 2011 with an award ceremony held at its Hamala headquarters in Bahrain.
During the annual event a number of presentations to staff took place, including the recognition of management who supported the centre’s initiatives in 2011.
Batelco said it had invested around one million dinars in training and development for 2011 and delivered 50,000 hours of training to 881 employees.
As part of the wide range of courses, 178 employees completed at least one e-learning programme with the top achievers completing between 15 and 20 e-courses, the company said in a statement.
The awards were presented by Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed Bin Isa Al Khalifa, CEO Rashid Abdulla, HR general manager Suhaila Alnowakhda and manager of training and development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa.
In line with its commitment to provide the opportunity for advanced qualifications, the company also supported a number of staff in their pursuit of academic achievements including BSc, MBA, CMA, ACCA and AAT qualifications, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions